About the role
Reporting directly to the IT Director, you will have key responsibilities for the design and maintenance of our IT infrastructure (both in the cloud and on-premise), and play a vital part in ensuring our team is well supported.
Once settled, we will work together to scope and hire a junior engineer to report to and assist you.
You’ll spend your time:
- Overseeing and maintaining the operations and integrity of our IT infrastructure, which includes:
- A fleet of Windows and Linux servers
- Network switches, routers and firewalls
- Multiple services and VMs across AWS, GCP and VMware infrastructure
- Active Directory Domain Services and Office 365
- Leading and implementing modern DevOps projects, building upon:
- Kubernetes, Containers, Microservices and CI/CD
- Advising and contributing to architecture discussions, bringing knowledge of:
- Resilient, highly available infrastructure configurations
- Security best practices
- Ensuring our infrastructure is modern and continuously improved
- Enforcing IT policies and procedures across our infrastructure
- Interpreting business needs to produce appropriate and effective solutions
- Supporting our employees with day-to-day requirements
Further Tasks / Responsibilities
In addition to above, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the IT and Managing directors to develop a strategic IT roadmap
- Capacity management
- Licensing, System resources (both on-premise and cloud)
- IT asset management
- Departmental collaboration
- Security, data, software/hardware etc.
- Planning and documentation
- System documentation, runbooks etc.
- Disaster Recovery, incident response etc.
- Management of 3rd party IT suppliers and contacts
- IT expenditure budgeting, administration and monitoring
You should apply if you:
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in IT infrastructure and security, with at least 1 senior role
- Have a passion for IT systems and security and keep up to date with industry developments
- Are comfortable working in a high pace environment
- Have solid task-management and communication skills and require minimal management
- Enjoy collaborating with your team and mentoring other team members
- Have a strong sense of ownership of your work, and the ability to see it through until completion
- Are open-minded with a deep desire to learn and adapt
- Salary in the range of £45-£60K depending on experience
- Performance-based bonus and salary review every April
- Private health cover
- Group life insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- 20 days holiday as standard
- Option to buy up to 6 additional holiday days per year
- Up to 3 additional days’ holiday awarded upon long service
What’s it like to work at T101?
At T101 we run a site that powers a network of over 550,000 members and allows gay men to find, connect and interact with each other. At peak times we have around 60,000 concurrent members online globally across web, iOS and Android apps, which brings its own unique set of technical challenges.
We’re currently working on a green fields re-architecture and redesign of our flagship dating product “Recon”, including a transition to microservices, containers and kubernetes.
We all enjoy our jobs and care very deeply about growing as individuals, as a team and as a business.
The management team is very approachable and works very closely with the engineers and we are fortunate to have the very unique opportunity of guiding the business on technological solutions and systems we implement to satisfy the business objectives.
You’ll have the satisfaction you get from knowing that your work is being appreciated by hundreds of thousands of users and you will also learn creative ways to solve problems related to scaling to accommodate such a large user base on a system where there is a high and increasing amount of online interaction.
Privacy and security is vital to us, given the nature of the data we hold for our members, and regulations such as the EU GDPR and the PCI DSS. We follow Privacy by Design and Security by Design principles.Aplication via email: Send Email